Anne Orr designed exquisite patterns for a variety of crafts:
- Cross stitch
- J & P Coats Crochet Book No. 5: Edgings, Insertions, Medallions
- J & P Coats Embroidery, and Hot Iron Patterns, Book No. 8 by Anne Orr (1921)
- J & P Coats Embroidery, Monograms, Initials and Handkerchiefs, Book No. 11 by Anne Orr (1922)
- J & P Coats General Embroidery, Book No. 12 by Anne Orr (1922)
- J & P Coats Crochet, Cross Stitch and Tatting, Book No. 14 by Anne Orr (1923)
- J & P Coats Household Decorations in Embroidery and Crochet, Book No. 17 by Anne Orr (1924)
- J & P Coats Collars, Cuffs and Narrow Laces, Book No. 19 by Anne Orr (undated, but probably circa 1924-5?)
- Learn How to Crochet
- Learn Filet Crochet and Find Free Filet Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Chain Stitch — Free Instructions
- Single Crochet Stitch Instructions
- Double Crochet Instructions
- Half Double Crochet Instructions
Anne Orr was especially well known for her lovely charted designs.
She served as the needlework editor for Good Housekeeping magazine for many years. She also authored numerous pattern books for J & P Coats. I have occasionally seen beautiful limoges dishes for sale on ebay that bear her name, and I suspect that those were also her designs, although I don’t know for sure.
Some of her books have been reprinted by Dover Books, which is wonderful because it means that you have a decent chance of getting your hands on one.
I’ve had quite a few Anne Orr books in my collection, and I will be sharing many photos and descriptions as time permits. If a link below is clickable, it means that I’ve added the page for that particular book. Photos and descriptions will be found on that page. Please note that not all of these books have crochet patterns in them! Some of them are exclusively devoted to other needlework techniques.
More Crochet Resources
This page was last updated on 6-6-2019.