I haven’t been able to find any biographical information about Anna Valeire. I would surely love to know more about her life, and about what she was like.
I can only tell what I know about her after having studied her needlework designs. Surely, judging from her work, she was detail-oriented and had an eye for beautiful and exquisite things. She was skilled at designing for several needlework techniques, including crochet, tatting, and beadwork. Most of her pattern books that I have owned emphasized crochet, with quite a few tatting projects too. She was especially good at designing delicate, feminine crocheted and tatted lingerie and nightgown yokes. However, she designed a variety of different types of projects including crocheted edgings, fringes, medallions, flowers, and embellishments.
The Anna Valeire pattern books I’ve owned have all been undated, but I would guess that they are circa 1910’s-1920’s. Some of them may be earlier, I really could not say for sure. If anyone has further information, please comment! I’d really appreciate any additional information or insights you may have to offer.
Vintage and Antique Crochet Pattern Books by Anna Valeire:
- Crochet & Tatting Manual: Panels, Edges & Motifs For Curtains & The Home. Book No. 2 by Anna Valeire
- My Trousseau: Showing the Crochet Work In Its Lingerie & Linens, Book No. 4 by Anna Valeire
- Finished Yokes of Beauty, Book No. Six by Anna Valeire
- Dainty Yokes Made From Medallions, Book Seven by Anna Valeire
- Beaded Bags in Crochet & Knitting Book No. 13 by Anna Valeire
More Crochet Resources:
- Vintage Crochet Purse Patterns
- Learn About Filet Crochet
- Best Filet Crochet Pattern Books
- Vintage Crochet Patterns
- Learn How to Crochet a Granny Square
- Crochet for Beginners
This page was last updated on 6-6-2019.