This list of free knit and crochet edging patterns includes 77+ different choices — some for contemporary edgings, and some for vintage edgings. Some of the edgings are simple and some are fancy; some are easy and some are challenging. There’s a fantastic mix of trims, borders and edgings — a little something for everyone.
If you’re looking for blanket edgings, that page isn’t the most helpful possibility, just because you’d also have to wade through all the patterns that don’t have corners. If you need a pattern with a corner, check out this page of crochet borders for blankets. The page features links to free patterns for different blanket edgings that have corners, plus insights to help you crochet blanket borders more easily.
Would you like to learn how to crochet flowers? If so, you’ll probably appreciate these free crochet flower patterns. There are a variety of different flower patterns listed; some of them are sunflowers, some are daisies, and some are abstract flowers that could be layered together, used separately or interpreted in different ways. Enjoy!
I’ve updated the web site with a new page about another old crochet book: The Star Yoke Book
, published by the American Thread Company in 1921. There are some gorgeous vintage crochet patterns in this book; most of the patterns are for crocheted nightgown yokes. One yoke is intricate Irish crochet; some others are filet crochet. There are also some knitting and tatting patterns too. My favorite photo from the entire book is a lacy ribbon trimmed knit camisole. Here’s a picture of it:
You will find more photos and information on the new Star Yoke Book page; please click here to see it.
Thanks for visiting!
This Auction Has Ended.
This seller has some of the most interesting auctions! The most interesting of which is this auction for 2 1920’s pattern books with instructions on how to make beadwork bags in both crochet and knitting. I’ve owned both of these pattern books before, and they are both exceptional. In the past I’ve sold copies of both books for more than $100 each, although that was years ago. These books look like they have some pretty serious condition issues, so I wouldn’t expect the bidding to reach anywere near those levels for this particular auction. However, the starting bid of the auction is only $9.99, which makes it tempting even considering the damaged condition of the books. I have a web page up showing the projects in the “New Bead Book“; you can click to see it if you’re curious about what the patterns in the book look like. I’ll have to see if I can find my photos from the Virginia Snow book to post. Sharing them has been on my “to do list” and, if you like seeing vintage beadwork projects I think you’d probably really enjoy these.
Edited to add: Web site has been updated with photos of the Virginia Snow Beaded Bags Book. The page is not comprehensive, but at least it allows you to look at more pictures than the book owner made available in the ebay auction. Enjoy!
Sorry, these auctions have all ended. Please click here to visit my page about Needlecraft Magazine, where more current information is available. Or, if you found this listing because you are in search of Modern Priscilla Magazine issues, please click here to view my web page about Modern Priscilla Magazine. Thanks for visiting!
- Click Here for a box lot of 13 Modern Priscilla Magazines dated 1906-1930. The opening bid is less than $1.00 (US) each! I don’t remember having owned any of these particular issues featured so I cannot say for sure what is in them, but I’ve generally not been disappointed by antique Modern Priscillas. At a price this low, you surely cannot go wrong.
- And another gigantic box lot of 28!!! magazines. This lot is Needlecraft mags dating from 1916-1924. The opening bid is a ridiculously low $9.99! There’s some really good stuff in these issues too- well worth way more than the opening bid. I’ll try to post some pages about these ASAP if I can find my pics of them. If you enjoy antique crochet at all, I really think you’d enjoy looking through these.
- And another Needlecraft lot from the same seller. This lot has 35 Needlecraft magazines all together. These appear to all be missing their covers, which is a shame, but the contents are going to be just as delightful nonetheless. Again, the lot appears to be more than worth the opening bid.
I’ve just updated the Antique-crochet.com web site with a brand new page about the February 1918 issue of Needlecraft Magazine. This is a fantastic issue!
Wouldn’t you love to learn how to crochet this…
There are many other beautiful patterns and projects in the issue as well. Click Here To Read More About the Feb. 1918 Issue of Needlecraft Magazine.
Check out this ebay auction! Scratch that, the auction ended. Sorry if you missed out!
(quick! It ends in just a few hours.)
Books included in the lot this seller
is offering for sale sold are:
- Corticelli Lessons in Crochet, book 9, 1919
- J & P Coats book by Anne Orr, 1923
- Star Book of Crochet Designs
- Star Book of Insertions & Edgings, 1923
- A Complete Collection of Crochet Designs, 1934
- Crocheted Edgings & Insertions by Augusta Pfeuffer
I’ve owned several of these in the past. I am working on updating the antique-crochet site to include pages showing you photos and descriptions of the ones I’ve owned, but I probably won’t be able to get it done in time to show them to you before the auction ends. All I can say is, the winner of that auction is going to be in for a real treat. The books are really lovely, even considering that some of them do look like they have some condition issues. Right now the bidding for that auction is only at $9.99 US dollars, which is a fantastic bargain, if you ask me. It’s definitely worth the click to take a look.
I just updated antique-crochet.com with a new page about another old crochet and knitting pattern book. This one is from 1917, and it is called the Corticelli Yarn Book, Lessons in Knitting and Crochet, Book 6. I hope you’ll check out the page! It features photos of some of the projects in the book, and descriptions of the projects you will find in the book.
Edited to add: The auction I originally posted about has now ended, so I removed the link to it. However, you can still click the link below to visit my page about the Star Needlework Journal Volume 9 Number 4.
I just found what looks like a fantastic deal on a lot of 4 original vintage needlework books. As of right now, the bidding’s only at $2.99, and the auction ends in less than 24 hours. I’m thinking this could turn out to be an incredible bargain for someone, even considering that some of the books do have some condition issues. You can’t even buy single reproductions for that price!
One of the pattern books included in the auction is the Star Needlework Journal Volume 9 Number 4, which I blogged about a bit earlier today. In my opinion, that book alone is worth way more than $2.99. The other books included are:
- Clark’s ONT Designs For Edgings, Insertions and Medallions
- Yokes and Edgings in Crochet, Book No. 10 by Adeline Cordet
- and a Jack Frost book of handbags that looks like it is probably a somewhat later vintage
Overall this looks like a great pattern lot.