Belgium Themed Issue With Saint Bernard Dog Cover Art by John Edwin Jackson.
- ”Belgium- Heart of Lace Countries- In Flanders Field the Laces Grow”
- ”Decorative Accessories For the Living Room- Delightfully Colorful and Varied in Stitchery Are These Pieces of English Crewel Work”- photo shows table runner and cushion.
- ”Autumn Foliage Pillows”- 4 gorgeous Pillow designs with Art Deco motifs
- ”Needlework Pictures of Coaching Days Outlined on Linen in Colorful Crewels”- these are just way too cute. If you like Sunbonnet Sue designs, here is a whole new twist… the captions on these pictures read “Boston To Salem Coach”, The Famous Western Mail Stage”, “Boston to Plymouth Post”, and “Style of Royal Mail”.
- ”Silhouette Motifs, Colonial and Otherwise”- these black and white charted motifs are useful for cross stitch, embroidery, filet crochet, filet lace, intarsia knitting, and lots of other needlework applications. Some of the silhouettes include squirrel, dog, horse drawn coach/carriage (pulled by 2 horses), birds, rabbit, sunbonnet girl, Colonial house, people etc.
- ”Lovely Dining Room Linens Featuring Dogwood in Cutwork”- these are exquisite designs in cutwork embroidery. The article shows Luncheon cloth with matching napkins & 3-piece buffet set. Scalloped edges. So pretty!
- ”Needlecrafters’ Own Page, Conducted By Our Readers”- features patterns for tatted edgings, curtain tiebacks in crochet, knitted lace fluted design with eyelets (lace knitting), Vandyke border in giant filet or gros filet crochet plus more.
- ”It is so Easy To Make And Decorate Lamp-Shades”- “Why should one have tiresome and shabby lampshades about the home when with a little patience and care, charming ones can be made? And it is just a personal touch of this sort that stamps a room with individuality, and changes a house into a home”. Silk shades, parchment shades, pleated shades, more.
- ”Food Facts for Home Folks”- good old-fashioned cooking, recipes, tips, etc
- ”Lace Has A Future As Well As A Past- Marian Powys Expert and Authority on Laces Old and New”. Photo shows a piece of Devon Lace made by Marian Powys.
- 2 pages of fashion illustrations, one page is in color. Shows the prettiest vintage style dresses!
- ”Decorative Dish-Towels”- captions read “A Glass Towel”, “An Invitation To China”, “Distinctly Japanese”, and “Featuring Cooking Dishes”.
- The inside back cover of the magazine is and ad for “Rainbow Quilt Blocks”. There are 6 different quilt blocks pictured- they are lovely. Great quilting inspiration for quilters who love the vintage look!
- The back cover of the magazine is color ad for Lucky Strike cigarettes with Leone Sousa. There is lots of other great advertising in this issue as well- mostly partial page ads. Some of the ads are as interesting as the articles!
Where To Buy This Belgium- Themed Issue of Needlecraft Magazine:
Click Here To Find this Magazine at Biblio.
Click Here To Find This Issue on Ebay.