In the 1890’s, crochet patterns were available from a number of resources, including women’s magazines, needlework books, and crochet pattern books. The following is a listing of some sources of 1890’s crochet patterns that I have compiled. It is not a comprehensive list; these are just some of the resources that I happen to know about.
1890’s Women’s Magazines
The Delineator was a women’s magazine that featured fashion, needlework, and information of interest to homemakers. The following issues included crochet patterns in addition to other contents:
- April 1895 Delineator : This issue featured crochet patterns for an infant’s hood, and an edging. There are also knitting patterns for a plate doily, baby socks. Lots of other needlework too!
Home Needlework Magazine:
The following issue of Home Needlework Magazine from the 1890’s had crochet patterns included:
More Crochet Resources
- Crochet Overview
- Crochet for Beginners
- Crochet Edging Patterns for Blankets
- How to Filet Crochet — Technique and Patterns
- Tunisian Crochet — A Vintage Technique That’s Still Popular Now
- How to Crochet Chain Stitch
- Slip Stitch Crochet Instructions
- Single Crochet — Free Tutorial
- Double Crochet– Free Tutorial
- Half Double Crochet — Free Instructions
- How to Treble Crochet
This page was last updated on 6-6-2019.